Activated Charcoal is known for its detoxing and cleansing power. That means: it is great for pulling the dirt and oil out of your pores and absorbing toxins. You can unlock your amazing skin with the a charcoal mask as well. The instructions for making a charcoal mask at home is given below.
To get started, you’ll need a mixing bowl, measuring spoons, a towel, and the following ingredients:
- 2 tsp. water
- 1 tsp. bentonite clay
- 1 tsp. activated charcoal powder
- 1/2 tsp. raw honey
- 1 drop essential oil (optional)
Making a charcoal mask can be a bit messy if you’re not careful. Follow these steps to make your charcoal mask:
- Combine water and essential oil (e.g., lemon oil, tea tree oil, or lavender oil) in a bowl.
- Add bentonite clay to water-oil mixture. Allow it to absorb for a few minutes.
- Add activated charcoal powder and raw honey to the bowl. Combine all ingredients to form a paste.
Gently cleanse your face beforehand to remove dirt, oils, and makeup. Once your skin is clean, use your fingertips to spread the mask evenly and smoothly over your face. Gently massage it into your skin. Allow the mask to dry for 15 minutes, and then rinse it off with warm water. Dry your face and apply your favorite moisturizer.
Don’t overuse the mask and be on the lookout for allergy symptoms. Also, make sure that you keep the mask away from your eyes.
A vitamin C serum is a skin-care product packed with vitamin C. It has the consistency of a liquid or gel and is applied typically to the skin. For the uninitiated, vitamin C is an antioxidant, that helps to prevent the forming of free radicals and reduces premature wrinkling by stimulating the growth of collagen. The benefits of Vitamin C serum are:
- Prevents hyper-pigmentation: Vitamin C serum helps in preventing hyper-pigmentation including suntans, and age spots among others by boosting collagen production in the skin. The vitamin C serum may also be able to help you achieve a more uniform skin tone and better complexion.
- Improves hydration and moisture: Vitamin C serum helps in improving hydration and moisture level of the skin just like body creams and moisturizers do.
- Speed up healing: Vitamin C serum helps in speed up the healing processes. It helps in healing small cuts, blemishes acne scars more effectively. It also helps in get rid of redness and find relief from itching, burning.
Vitamin C serum can be applied once or twice a day for better results and this nourishes your skin and makes your skin look younger. It helps to improve skin texture and maintain skin complexion.
It’s been decades since lipstick has been the most popular form of makeup. Not everybody knows how to apply lipstick properly. It’s an art. If you are one of those struggling to master the art of applying lip color, here’s help.
- Prep Your Lips: Exfoliate with a soft, damp toothbrush and hydrate by applying a nourishing lip balm to make those lips soft, supple and healthy-looking.
- Apply A Base: Choose a concealer shade that matches your lip color and dab a little on with a flat brush or a small fluffy brush. Apply some compact over this to seal the base. It also helps your lip color to stay on longer.
- Use A Lip Liner: Use a liner that has a moderately smooth texture for easier application.
- Apply the Lipstick: Take some product onto a lip brush and apply it evenly all over your lips. Ensure you apply it within the corners of your lined lips. Go coat by coat and intensify the color as you please. Usually, one good coat of a quality lipstick will suffice.
Also, never apply lipstick on chapped lips, it will only accentuate all your cracks and lines.
Multani mitti is known as fuller’s earth widely used in beauty and skincare remedies. It cleanses and purifies skin by pulling out oil, dirt, and impurities. It is used as a scrub. Multani mitti can get rid of dead skin cells and whiteheads, giving skin a natural and glowing skin as well. Below are some benefits of the same.
- Skin tightening: Dry skin is prone to premature aging. The mineral-rich Multani mitti helps to prevent wrinkles and saggy skin and preserve the youthfulness of the skin. The oil-absorbing properties of Multani mitti make it effective against acne and help speed up the healing process. It exfoliates the dead skin cells and unclogs the pores.
- Reduce suntan: Multani mitti cools and soothes sunburns. It also removes tan and makes your skin radiant. Multani mitti is able to gently exfoliate your skin to fade suntan on your skin.
- Use as a cleanser: Multani mitti is a natural cleanser and its deep-cleansing action unclogs pores, lifts excess oil and impurities and purifies the skin, leaving it clean, and make your skin fresh.
Along with all these, Multani mitti can be applied in the face to have an oil-free, smooth and glowing skin. It helps to remove excess oil and sebum production in your skin.
Applying tomato face pack on your face will blemishes sun tans, reduces pimples, blackheads and improves your skin tone. Tomatoes are known to have astringent and soothing properties along with vitamin C that helps in reducing acne and dark spots. Various face packs are:
- Tomato with lemon face pack: This face pack is a natural scrubber to remove impurities on your skin. Lemons are rich in vitamin C and citric acid, so they can help brighten and lighten your skin. Mix lemon juice with tomato pulp to prepare this natural scrubber.
- Tomato with cucumber face pack: Cucumber has hydrating properties and when we mix tomato juice with cucumber, it will remove excess oil from the face and make your skin more clear and removing tans.
- Tomato with olive oil pack: Olive oil is a great antioxidant as well as a moisturizer, which may prevent premature aging. Squeeze juice from tomato and add one tablespoon of olive oil and apply it on your face. This will leave your skin soft and moisturized.
These face packs are best for people with dry skin and can be used regularly to get your skin glowing.Its natural acidic property slough away the excess oil on your face.
Sandalwood has antiseptic properties that prevent pimples, acne, and sores from developing. Sandalwood powder for skin comes with moisturizing benefits, prevents skin-related infections, protects against sunburn, combats acne. It helps in giving naturally glowing skin most organically. Below are some benefits of the same.
- Brightens the complexion: Sandalwood powder helps to add that perfect dose of radiance and glow to the skin. Apply sandalwood powder mixed with milk and honey on your face. Leave it on for 15 minutes and then wash off.
- Tan Removal: Mix sandalwood powder with cucumber juice, curd, honey, lemon juice to make a face mask. Apply this mask on your face and leave it on for about 15 minutes. This will help in removing sun tan and dark spots.
- For Removing Acne and Blackheads: Sandalwood powder as a beneficial face pack for acne problems. Mix Sandalwood powder with coconut oil and lime. Apply it on your face and leave it on for half an hour. Say goodbye to your pimples!.
Sandalwood is surely a wonderful ingredient to keep in your beauty cabinet and reap all its benefits for beautiful and clear skin. Use twice a week for the best results. It makes skin glow and notices the changes!
Papaya is a versatile fruit that offers certain skin benefits. Papaya face masks are useful to even skin tone by reducing dark spots and blemishes on the skin. It helps increase collagen production making skin younger. It also removes dead cells and impurities present in the skin. Below are some face masks using papaya that you can use.
- Papaya and Milk Face Mask: If you have dry and pigmented skin, try this mask. Mix ripe papaya and milk to form a smooth paste. Apply this mask on the face. It makes the skin brighter and gives a natural glow.
- Papaya and Honey Face Mask: Mix ripe papaya mix with honey. Apply the mask on your face. Leave it for ten to fifteen minutes. This mask made from papaya and honey will give you clear, smooth and glowing skin.
- Papaya and Aloe Vera Face Mask: Aloe Vera is rich in vitamin E and has skin-nourishing nutrients. Take aloe vera gel and mix it with ripe papaya paste. Apply this mask on your face and see the results.
Papaya face masks have exfoliating, whitening and even healing properties. You can also use it for removing blemishes and pimples. Use every day for the best results. It makes skin glow and notices the changes!